Catholic prayer before going to sleep

usamaalrody
By -
0

 Catholic prayer before going to sleep



My Father, now that the voices are silenced and the cries are extinguished, here at the foot of the bed my soul rises up to You, to say to You: I believe in You, I hope in You, I love You with all my strength, Glory to You Lord.


I place in your hands, the fatigue and the struggle, the joys and disappointments of this day that is behind.



If nerves betrayed me, if selfish impulses overpowered me, if I gave way to rancor or sadness, I am sorry, Lord!. Have mercy on me.



If I have been unfaithful if I uttered vain words if I let myself be carried away by impatience. If I was a thorn for someone, I'm sorry, Lord!. I do not want to give myself up to sleep tonight, without feeling on my soul the assurance of your mercy, your sweet mercy, entirely gratuitous, Lord.



I thank you, my Father because you have been the cool shadow that has sheltered me all this day. I thank you because, invisible, loving, enveloping, you have taken care of me throughout these hours.



Lord, everything around me is already quiet and calm. Send the angel of peace to this house. Relax my nerves calm my spirit, release my tensions, and flood my being with silence and serenity.




Watch over me, dear Father, as I surrender myself confidently to sleep, like a child who sleeps happily in your arms.


In your name, Lord, I will rest in peace.


Amen, So it is and So it will be…



Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)